Ahh – vacation. Most people would use this time to travel somewhere tropical.. visit with family that is far away.. things of that sort. Nope.. not me! I am staying home all week – and traveling to my parents next weekend for a lil Easter action.
So what is it that one does with a week off at home? Procrastinate clearly. I’ve actually got tons of work related stuff to do (paper grading, planning, assessment analysis, completion of a paper to keep my teaching certification) but I would rather do anything and everything except these tedious tasks.
Thus far today, this includes:
- Extra time at the gym! Today, I got to the gym after the morning rush (poor souls had to go to work after their workout :X). I did good 3 mile run on the treadmill in 23:57. I cooled down at a much slower pace for another half mile. Yes, it is beautiful out today..but the reason I ran on the treadmill.. was because I wanted to take a step class!
The class was great, but I may have overdone it. Tomorrow is my rest day and I am definitely needing it. I was truly dragging by the end of the class and had trouble doing the ab work out at the end because my tailbone was digging into the hard wood floor 😦. I tried to modified, but it was a stabbing pain.. so I bounced and stretched on my own.
- Par-ooze the isles at Walmart. What did I need? Nothing. But hey.. there are some more minutes that I could spend NOT doing work. I picked up some self-tanner (I blend in with walls before getting some color.. used to go tanning, but am too worried about wrinkles now!), blush, and cleaning supplies.
- Clean the bathrooms. Yup. I would rather clean the bathrooms then do the work that I need to do. If you read in my ABCs of me, one of my pet peeves is leaving the toothpaste bottle open.. with toothpaste on it.
- Watch some Full House on TV.. or listen to it while cleaning. It was the episode where DJ was stressed to the max about the SATs.. she had a nightmare that everything that could possibly go wrong did. Oversleeping, busted calculator.. KIMMIE GIBLER GETTING INTO STANFORD… golly gosh.. how bad can it get!
I don’t know about you, but Full House was a staple in my childhood. When I was in college, I would watch the reruns all the time. As crazy and mixed up as the cast is now-a-days.. when I do see re-runs, episodes usually had a real important take home point. Seriously.. SATs are a major cause of stress. It can make a 17 year old go insane with anxiety and worries. This episode depicted that perfectly.
- Eat some yummy grub. I am a sucker for sandwiches.. so I clearly enjoyed one today.. along with a side of broccoli slaw. Today’s sandwich included 2 slices of Ezekiel 4:9 Sesame Bread with spicy mustard, thinly sliced apples, turkey breast, and light mozzarella cheese. On the side, we had the basic broccoli slaw, heated in the microwave for 1min – topped with chopped apple, dark red kidney beans, sunflower seeds and Olde Cape Code Balsamic Vinaigrette.
You will come to find.. that I eat a sandwich for lunch.. every.single.day. For this reason, I will not bore you with daily postings of my lunch.. unless I really deicde to mix it up (Rare. Very Rare).
Welp, what is left on my agenda for today?
Love the paper grading. Paper doing and planning may have to wait. I am only being realistic.
Question: Do you procrastinate? What are some of your favorite things to do to avoid the things you HAVE to do. Any tips on not procrastinating? I was hoping this sad thing would leave me after college, but it still pokes its head into my life.. well.. daily.