It is indeed – in fact.. it is right here on this post.
I loved seeing what your guesses were to my Fact and Fiction post. IF you have NOT guessed yet… STOP reading, CLICK THIS LINK, take a gander and guess! You know a little game here and there is always lots of fun!
I was up and at at at 6:30 this morning. (sigh). Sometimes, I just want to sleep in. But that the same time, I feel like I always have so much more time to do things during the day since I am up earlier then the average human being!
No overnight oats today.
But obviously I had oats. Come on now. If you are a regular reader of this blog, you know I oat-it-out on a daily basis 🙂
Today, they were just WARM! There is a chill in the air – and I didn’t feel like prepping them last night.
I mixed it up today.. never had this variation.. but I must say I am not hatin!
Apple n’ Cinnamon Oats
- 1/2 c. oats
- 3/4 c. water
- 1/2 c. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 small sliced banana (couldn’t for go it.. but you can if you want!)
- 1/2 sliced apple
- 1 tbsp natural (unsweetened) apple sauce
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon. ( I LOVE CINNAMON!)
Combine all ingredients in a pot. Heat on med-high until mixture boils. Then, simmer, covered, until oats reach desired consistency.
I used more liquid then regular oats call for, but I wanted to play with the volume – seeing if I could mimic the amount of oats I get from Overnights.. in a hot, morning version.
Yes indeedy – Tahiti! Okay – well not quite is voluminous.. but I really wanted to say indeedy-Tahihit!
Enjoyed with a lovely cup o coffee!
Okay.. on to the good stuff.
So, you read my 5 “Facts” Now it is time to review.. and tell you which ones are fiction 🙂
- I had an original plan of going into nursing. I took all the nursing pre-requisites during my freshman year..and just as I was beginning my sophomore year – I decided it was NOT for me. To graduate on time, I had to take bunches of classes for 2 summers to get the credits I needed for my psych degree.
This is FICTION! Nursing was never my thing. I knew I wanted to be a psych major when I was a senior in high school (Why, I will never know) – and declared this as a major immediately!
- When I was growing up, I decided I did not want bangs anymore. As any 4 year old with do, I went into a closet and took some scissors.. and snipped them all off. I was surprised when anyone noticed a difference.
This one.. is a FACT. My best friend didn’t have bangs… and I was all about doing everything she did (I even wanted to change my name is Ashley). So, while on vacation, I went into the closet and snipped them off. Try as I may, I could NOT find any pictures of this awkward hair stage of my life. Good news is – they were back before school started!
- I have called Triple A from the side of a poorly lit highway because of a flat tired. When help arrived, I was told I had no flat tire.
As embarassing as this is.. this is total FACT. It actually happened this winter. I had been telling my parents that Justin’s dad said I would need new tires in the summer – and I was upset about this because tires are expensive.
I Justin had just put air in my tires.. and found it super strange that MY TIRE PRESSURE LIGHT came on. I just put air in them. Something wasn’t right. Enter – a truck smelling like burning rubber. I pulled over immediately.. called Justin blaming him (since he had just put air in my tires.. so obvi it is his fault).. called my mother hysterically crying.. and called AAA.
In my defense, I have driven for long periods of time.. on the rim of my car.. because a tire was flat and I was too dumb to realize it. So I wanted to be safe. AAA arrive.. and said..nope. no flat tire. WIN! (NOT!)
- I was the nerdy kid with the big thick glasses all through elementary school. Most people don’t see changes in their vision until middle school.. but I had the gift of glasses right from first grade. HELLO 4 EYES!
Meaning.. our last tid bit, while unfortunate.. is FACT
- I once had parvo-virus. I woke up in the middle of the night and could not move. I screamed until someone heard me – was taken to the hospital – and placed on a morphine drip.
I did indeed have parvo-virus the summer before my senior year of high school. It is a virus that attacked my joints.. making them very inflammed – leading to my difficulty moving at all. It is the adult version of “Slapping Cheek Disease” found often in children. Man – did this suck. It was painful for me to do anything for a while. But – there was nothing I could do besides taking pain meds.. and wait it out.
It was a couple of months before I felt normal again.
So.. how’d ya do?!
I know Laura @ Sprint to the Table was right on! 🙂
Now.. get out there and enjoy your weekend!!!