Now that you are all entering my giveaway.. (if you haven’t..then you really should try and win some free peanut flour) .. I suppose I should give you another recipe that uses peanut flour!
On this glorious Friday morning (super glorious for me since I have taken a personal day on Monday .. so I am on the brink of a 3-day weekend 🙂 ), I am going to give you a base peanut-butter cookie dough batter than you can do a myriad of things with. Even with this one batch of dough – I am going to be able to show you four… thats right… four different treats that you can make!
You will note that this is a pretty healthy batter – which is my type of treat!
My main goal of this recipe – was a Peanut Butter Cookie Pie – so let’s get down to business
Peanut Butter Cookie Pie
- 1 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/2 c. peanut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp stevia (sweeten to taste – this was good for Justin’s taste buds)
- 1.5 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp smooth natural Peanut Butter
- 3/4 c. applesauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat Over to 375*
- Spray a 9″ cake pan, cover with wax paper, and spray the paper with non-stick cooking spray.. set aside
- Combine all ingredients. Honestly.. people always say dry.. then wet. I put them all together at once.. and stir.
- Stir – at first you are going to think.. there is no possible way that there is enough liquid in this mixture. THERE WILL BE! You just have to keep on workin’ it!
- Once mixture is of a doughy consistency, transfer dough to the cake pan. The dough is sticky.. so your hands will get sticky too.. because you need to work the dough to spread it out.. (I am sure it would eventually spread on its own.. but I am impatient)
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- It will look pretty ugly.. just like this.
- But you can make it pretty by adding a peanut-butter chocolate drizzle to it!
- 1/2 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 tbsp peanut flour
- 1.5 tbsp almond milk (or water.. your preference)
- Combine all ingredients and stir. You want it to be a bit watery – so it is easy to DRIZZ.
- Drizzle over cooled Peanut Butter Cookie Pie
So – if you aren’t diggin’ the whole cookie pie idea.. DON’T worry! I had some extra dough to fool around with.
I now present you with:
The basic peanut butter cookie (no additions, just roll dough into balls.. and make the super-cool criss-cross pattern with a fork!)
Peanut-Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie (a simple addition of dark chocolate chips – roll to ball.. and CRISS-CROSS)
Double Chocolate Peanut-Butter Cookie (in addition to the dark chocolate chips, you can add dark chocolate cocoa powder to the dough)
Right now – Justin is confused. Why? Because he was not home when I baked…and he is wondering where these cookies are.
Babe, I ate them. Sorry. I needed to taste test them! The addition of the chocolate makes them slammin!
So – enter that giveaway… win that peanut flour… and get to your kitchen!!
I will be announcing the winner on Sunday night – so you’ve got plenty of time to do these four things:
- Comment on the GIVEAWAY POST!
- Follow Me on Twitter
- Tweet about my give away using: “@BeyondBananas1 is giving away Peanut Flour! http://wp.me/p1uCH2-hK “
- Link my giveaway in your blog!
Hope you have a fantabulous Friday, loves! xoxox