So – remember on Thursday.. when I had to take my contacts out in the middle of my kickboxing class.. because I had been wearing this single pair for SO long.. that they were causing excruciating pain to the ball of eye?
And I stored them on my iPod.. so I could take a picture of them.. for you..
Well.. I had one more pair left… so I am thinking.. another 2 months worth of wear before I have to order a new boxes. Oh.. yes. I live on the edge. Who needs back ups.. I will order when these ones start hurting.
Apparently, the contact-masters do not like the methods of how I (over)wear my contacts. They decided they wanted to issue a little payback, I suppose.
Allow me to further explain.
As I am on my way out the door to hit up a boot camp conditioning camp at the gym.. I stop to put in my contacts. You know.. the last pair. No one likes a girl who can’t see in class.
Right contact.. check.
Left contact.. OW.
I remove. And examine further. Low and behold.. I see a nice little TEAR on the side.
And there goes my last left contact.
Even with the tear.. I wore it to class. Whatever. I can deal.
Class today.. was intense. I always like to do my own cardio before any class I take. So I warmed up for 30 minutes on the treadmill.. completing 2.85 miles of walking/running…
And then had 60 minutes of hard core boot camp. Today, we did a lot of cardio moves..and a variety of plank and ab moves, with various squats and lunges thrown in there as well. Let’s take a look at how hard I worked.. aka the sweat that engulfed my being..
SWEAT MONSTER. Justin would not come within 6 feet of me. (A number he came up with all on his own..)
I came home… SHOWERED (and wondered where the eff all my hair went.. I am going to need to adjust the amount of shampoo I use… BIG TIME..) and then enjoyed my favorite weekend lunch:
Now.. let’s check out how my workouts were this week.. here we go with the Weekly-Workout-Wrap-up :
- Monday: 15 min stair mill, 15 min treadmill (1.5 mi); 45 min back strength training
- Tuesday: 45 minutes yoga
- Wednesday: 30 min interval training on TM (3.8 mi); 30 min strength/plyo
- Thursday: 18 min treadmill warm up (2mi); 60 min cardio kickboxing class
- Friday: 40 min interval training (5.07 mi)
- Saturday: 5 mi run, mucho lunges
- Sunday: 2.8 mi jog; 60 min boot camp conditioning camp
Total Miles Ran: 20.17
Update for Amanda’s 100 Miles in May –
Since May 1st – I have walked/ran a total of: 75.8 miles…(Remember this also includes an approximation of my daily mileage at work.. and I have a job that keeps my on my feet and moving for most of the day)
How I felt this week:
Um. Exhausted. I did 2 early morning gym sessions this week.. which meant 4:40 wake up calls. My body is not lovin it. With early bird genes in my system.. I am up at the crack of dawn on weekends too – regardless of how late/early I get to bed. The silly fire alarm this morning.. did not help my cause either. Keep reading to see how I plan to address this problem.
But even with the exhaustion setting in- I am definitely feeling my strength returning with a vengeance. My muscles are looking more defined…and I feel more toned.
Last weeks goal check-up:
- Write down my plans for each workout. I definitely did a pretty good job at this.. I wrote down my intervals..so I could check them off as I went.. and also wrote down the strength training
- Hydrate More. I am still slacking here. I did a better job – and found myself actually filling up my water bottle at work. (Usually I sip on one bottle through the day.. and then just refill at the gym). I drank too much coffee though.. numerous days with more then one cup. Need to cut back..
- Do an interval training run. Check. In fact.. DOUBLE CHECK. Granted.. it was the same interval set (one was just 10 min longer).. I completed bangin’ intervals on Wednesday and Friday morning.
- YOGA! Check. Yoga completed at home on Tuesday night.. and a mini sesh with my students on Thursday!
What I would like to see next week:
- More of the same.. with one extra thing.. REST. I haven’t taken a complete day off.. (no yoga..nothing) in a long time. I don’t even want to tell you how long. In fact.. I don’t even know how long.. I am afraid to actually calculate it. So… my main goal for this week.. is having one complete day of rest. I am REALLY bad at this. FYI. But I know it is necessary for my body.