First off – thanks for all defending me against the comment regarding my grammar on the Caught Ya Jar. Ya’ll made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. At first, I too was angered at the comment – but I just want to make it clear – I was not posting the comment to try and get you guys to side with me or get angry. Mistakes happen..
Truth is – I made a mistake. And now I find it quite comical – and wanted to share it with you.. and it was a big step for me.. since I am such a perfectionist.. I actually accpeted that I made a mistake.. and moved past it..
Onward, now, shall we..
Ahhh … As you are reading this.. I am most likely sitting at a professional development conference.. praying that my “Caught Ya” Jar is being filled with lots and lots of coupons… due to ALL of my students getting along extremely well.. in-spite of my absence! (FINGERS, TOES.. and everything else.. CROSSED)
Last week, I saw a pretty amazing looking recipe on Jenny’s page... and eggy pizza. I immediately thought that this type of recipe would taste SCRUMPTIOUS! So.. I decided to create this recipe.. with my own little twist on it!
Totally check out Jenny’s recipe though too… it looks mouthwatering!
Egg White Souffle Pizza
- 3 egg whites
- salt & pepper
- marinara sauce
- R.F. Mozzarella cheese
- Spinach (or other toppings of choice)
- Pre-Heat Oven to 375*
- Separate eggs placing whites in a large bowl. Add salt, pepper, and oregano to taste. Blend with a hand mixer until foamy. (There should be peaks when you remove the mixer blades) About 5 minutes. See here if you would like to know more about blending your egg whites.
- Spray a small pan with non-stick spray – and add the egg mixture to the pan.
- Place in oven & cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan.
- Add sauce, cheese, and spinach (or other toppings).
- Turn your oven to broil – and return pan to oven for 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted and souffle is browned.
I loved this because the souffle crust is light and airy, and kind of replicates a real crust. This is definitely something I am going be putting into MY regular rotation.. for those nights when Justin and I do our own things!
Okay – other news. I want to host a BLOG BAKE SALE to benefit the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.
As you all know, I will be participating in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for a Cure this summer in Boston, MA. I will be walking 60 miles over 3 days.. to show my support and to help rally against this terrible disease. My team of 5 people is require to raise over $11,500. ($2,300 a piece).
I truly want EVERY one of my teammates to be able to participate.. and think a blog bake sale would be a FANTABULOUS way to raise money and share some YUMMY goods (and raise money to help find a cure.. of course!).
If you are interested in providing a baked good… (OR ANYTHING… a basket of your favorite things.. whatevs…) to raise money and BEAT BREAST CANCER…. then please email me ( Beyondbananas@ymail.com ) with the following information:
- What you would like to donate
- A brief description of the item
- An image of your goods
- A link to your recipe (if it is a baked good) so I can let bidders know just what they are getting
- Where you are willing to ship to!
The reason why I am just toying with this idea – is because I am not sure if my blog has enough readers to support this type of event.. and if I will even get any responses for goodies!
Please though.. even if you are just passing by my blog.. PLEASE consider donating a goodie!
Breast cancer is SUCH a terrible and thankless disease. Cancer is one of those disease.. where the only think we can do.. is throw money at it.. and hope research can provide us with some answers!
Thank you for any consideration that you give to being a supporter of this cause!! Enjoy the rest of your day! 🙂