Official Annoucement of the Baking For Boobies bake sale!
On Monday, June 6, 2011, Beyond Bananas will be hosting it’s first ever BLOGGER BAKE SALE!
All proceeds will be donated to the Susan G. Komen Foundation. To read more about this wonderful foundation, please click here.
More specifically, funds raised from this bake sale will be sponsering my team of 5 wonderful ladies who have committed themselves to walking 60 miles over 3 days in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for a Cure. Team Name: TROTTING FOR TATAS! Check out our team.. here!
Breast Cancer is a terrible disease. It is alarming how many women (men.. too!) and their families are affected by this malicious disease!
So, now BB readers.. I am ASKING YOU for your help! Here is how it is going to work:
If you are interested in provding something for the bake sale.. here is what you need to know!
- You can donate ANYTHING! A baked good, a goodie basket with some of your favorite foodie (or non-foodie things..) ANYTHING that you can think of…
- You DO NOT have to have a BLOG to donate!
- Once you have decided that you DO indeed want to SUPPORT this FABULOUS CAUSE.. please submit the following information to my via email to email@example.com by Friday, June 3, 2011:
- The item you would like to donate with a brief description
- A photo of your goods if possible (please, please, please try and make this possible!)
- If it is something you have baked.. and you have a blogged recipe for it.. some linkage would be great
- Where you would be willing to ship it to (US only.. Canada, international..)
- Feel free to donate more then one item if you would like.. I would NEVER deny bake sale entries!
- The bake sale will end on Wednesday, June 8 – and as soon as I receive confirmation of donation and a shipping address, I will provide you with the winning bidder’s information.
- Ship goodies within 72 hours of receiving shipping information
For those of you who are looking to donate to the Susan G. Komen Foundation … and then receive some FREE baked (or otherwise) GOODNESS … here are the Rules and Logistics for Baking for Boobies! 🙂
- Bidding will begin on Monday, June 6, 2011 at 7:00am EST. Items will be made available to you through a blog entry that will be posted at that time. All items will have a MINIMUM starting bid of $15.00.
- To make a bid, simply send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the item you are bidding on AND the amount you wish to bid.
- You can bid on as many items as you would like!
- I will provide updates at the bottom of the bake sale post as often as possible to make you aware of the current high bidder. This way – you can raise your bid if you you would like.
- The bake sale will end on Wednesday, June 8, 2011 at 11:59pm EST. Winning bidders will be notified on Thursday, June 9, 2011.
- The winning bidder will have 24 hours to make a donation to a specified member of Trotting for Tatas in the agreed upon amount. A link to the donation page will be provided via email.
- If the donation is not received within the 24 hour time period, the next highest bidder will automatically become the winner.
- After the donation is confirmed and you have provided your shipping address, I will contact the provider of your item & they will ship your goods within 72 hours
Okay.. so I THINK I have covered all of the basics.. but I am a rookie in the whole.. bloggie bake sale ordeal.. So.. if you have ANY lingering questions.. PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I am sure I have an answer..but for some reason failed to include it here…
Now.. some of you may be thinking.. that you can bake cookies.. or other goodies.. make a basket of things… for less then $15.00. But.. you are NOT buying these items. You are making a donation.. help find a cure for breast cancer.. and as a perk… you get some amazing goodies!
So.. all of your bakers out there.. what are you waiting for? Start churning those creative minds.. going through your recipes.. and bake for boobies!
I cannot wait to see all of the exciting things you have to offer! I honestly do not know ANYONE who has no relation to some sort of cancer.. so let’s all work together to kick cancer out of here! Please.. share this sale with your friends.. feel free to post it on your blog, too. Let’s do some serious bloggie baking damage!
Thanks again for any consideration you give to participating in this event in any possible way!