Okay.. I am making some decisions for my blog – like a consistant schedule of posting certain things.
Once of these Changes… is FOODIE FRIDAY. I am going to get you a recipe.. every Friday morning. SOO.. always be on the lookout for something new.. every FRIDAY, right here at BEYOND BANANAS! (woah now.. a little overboard on the caps in this paragraph. My sincere apologies. Kind of.)
So – when I think back to my childhood -I think of sloppy joes. Definitely not the ones that they made in the school cafeteria.
No way. Those were just plain nasty.
But I loooved it when my mother made sloppy joes!
Now – since I don’t eat red meat, I can’t really make your childhood sloppy joes. And since I try to stay away from processed foods as much as I can.. I also will not be indulging in a big ole can of Manwich.
But fear not, my sloppy joe craving readers… I have a recipe for you this morning! I promise that it will not disappoint! It is delicious!
Easy-Peasy Turkey Sloppy Joes
Makes About 3 Sandwiches
- 1/2 Green Pepper, cut into cubes
- 1/2 Onion, Chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic, Chopped
- 1/2 Jalapeno.. diced
- 3/4 lb extra lean ground turkey
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce (I used reduced sodium)
- 1 cup. tomato puree
- Spray pan with non-cook spray, add turkey, onions, peppers, garlic, & jalapeno. Heat over medium high heat until meat is no longer pink.
- Add chili powder. Stir occasionally for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add tomato puree and worcestershire sauce. Stir. Simmer for 3-5 minutes, until sauce thickens.
You may place your marvelous creation on your bread of choice. As you will see below.. this may differ from person to person.
Justin prefers a grinder roll.
I, on the other hand, prefer an Arnold’s Sandwich thin.
Brings me right back to my Manwich Days.. MMM, MMM, GOOD!