Woop, Woop. Do that Friday dance!! I know I am probably going to legitimately be dancing around today at Picnic in the Park.
Fear not – thanks to my FAVORITE FEATURE of scheduling posts – you have your weekly recipe comin’ at ya.. right now!
Now, I don’t know about you, but come summer time, I am somewhat of a fruit fiend! I am craving fruit all the time, trying to incorporate it into every one of my dishes.. if possible.
Breakfast – easy! Berries in my oats.
Lunch – well… just the fruit in and of itself does the job just fine..
Dinner – can be a little but more tricky. Yeah- you can top your salad with fuirt and what not, but I like something that gives a little more.. which is why I bring you one of my new favorites (aka, it is IN THE ROTATION!)
Chicken & Pear Stir Fry
(Serves 2; and note – the chicken can be replaced with any protein!)
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 large pear, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sherry wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 cloves of garlic, smashed
- Combine all ingredients, except PEAR in a bowl. Allow chicken to marinate in refrigerator for 2-3 hours (overnight would be okay too, but if you are in a pinch for time, 2 hours works, as well!)
- Just before getting ready to cook, cube your pear.
- Combine chicken mixture and pear cubes in a frying pan over MEDIUM heat. (The heat level is important.. because you don’t want soft pears.. they should be heated, warm.. a little bit tender, but you still want the crunch!)
- Continue to stir mixture until chicken is cooked all the way through and no longer pink.
Justin and I also made 2 servings of quinoa to enjoy! (Seriously, I could enjoy plain old quinoa with ANYTHING!) … and our plate was missing veggies.. so we had a mixture of leftover corn and peas. Gotta get those veggies in every meal!
The thing that I enjoyed most about this.. was the crunch of the pear.. and the mixture of sweet, sour, and a hint of salt. I honestly was asking Justin if he wanted to trade some of his pear cubes for my chicken. SO good!
Enjoy your Friday! Hopefully, I am NOT sitting in the dunk tank right now! But if I am.. you know I am doing it with a smile! 🙂
What type of food to you CRAVE when the weather gets warmer!?