Happy Friday! Happiest of Fridays to me. (Actually, I am sure today is going to be a very emotional day for me. I was blessed with the most wonderful group of kids that a teacher could ask for. I will miss them tremendously – and know that no other class will compare to my first class. They are always going to hold a super special place in my heart!)
Today’s recipe is something I came up with over the weekend. And once I finally tried it – it was nothing short of amazing.
Something that could somehow incorporate my summer love of fruit..
Something with a sweet twist.. but with a devilish kick.
And I bring all of those qualities to you in this week’s Foodie Friday.
Caribbean Turkey Burger with Mango Salsa
- 1 Mango – Cubed- (this gave me about 1.5 cups
- 4 c. red onions, cubed
- 1/8 c. red pepper
- 1/8 c. green pepper
- 1/8 c. green onions
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp pineapple juice
- 2 tsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Combine all items in a bowl. Mix well. Cover and refridgerate for atleast 4-6 hours to allow flavors or run throughout! 🙂
- 1/2 to 2/3 lb of extra lean turkey meat
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1.5 tsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp caribbean jerk seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Combine all items in the bowl. Mix together with hands. Form into patties. Set aside until ready to be grilled.
- Grill (on regular grill .. or in my case on the Foreman Grill) until no longer pink inside.
I had my burger on an Arnold’s Sandwich Thin. I topped it with a VERY generous amount of Salsa. There was an AWESOME kick to these burgers.. as the spices of the jerk burger and the salsa worked extremly well together!
I might as well throw another recipe at you today!
Spicy Sweet Potato Rounds
- Sweet Potato (2 small or one large. look for the skinny kind so it is easier to create rounds).
- 1.5 tsp oil of choice
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1.5 tsp chile powder
- .5 tsp pepper
- sprinkle of salt
- Preheat Oven to 450*
- Event slice sweet potato into rounds
- In a bowl, mix the sweet potatoes and all other ingredients
- Lay rounds on a silicon baking mat to prevent sticking
- Bake for 13 minutes.
- Remove from oven and flip rounds.
- Bake for 13 more minutes.
They look a little crispy.. but I promise you they are delicious!! 🙂 Pair this together with the Jerk Burger and Mango Salsa.. and it is a slammin’ meal 🙂
What is your favorite type of salsa?! I definitly want to experiment with more fruity salsas this summer.. you know how me and fruit go.. like two peas in a pod! 🙂